The Town of Lockport Industrial Development Agency (IDA) will assist businesses to locate and/or expand within the Town of Lockport for the purposes of providing jobs, expanding the tax base and contributing to the quality of life in Lockport and the surrounding community.
The IDA owns and operates an industrial park in the northwest section of the Town located between Junction Road and Upper Mountain Road. Today, the Town of Lockport Industrial Park consists of 290 acres of which approximately 40 acres are available for development. Apollo Group’s Yahoo 60-acre Northeast Data Center and Customer Experience Center employs over 200 people and is assisting in transitioning the Lockport Industrial Park into a tech-friendly business park.
The Town of Lockport Industrial Development Agency is able to offer a package of shovel-ready sites along with attractive financial incentives to prospective businesses. The Industrial Park is Build Now certified and houses 16 small to medium sized employers which account for approximately 700 jobs including the recently expanded Yahoo Data Center.
The Town of Lockport IDA prides itself on offering a comprehensive packages of benefits vital to business enterprises.
- Aggressive property and sales tax abatement
- Inexpensive industrial energy from NYS Power Authority
- An abundance of fresh water at low rates
- A strong pool of skilled workers ready to meet employers’ expectations
- Many fine commercial banks that actively promote industrial and commercial development in the region
- A diversified base of established industries such as data centers, automotive, chemical, plastics, metals and paper products
- No general Town tax for over 25 years
- Located within the heart of both U.S. and Canadian population and industrial centers
Finally, the Town of Lockport IDA works closely with the Niagara County IDA, Empire State Development, and Niagara County Employment and Training to ensure all business needs are met.